Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Joy

Being surrounded by tons of shouting children may not seem like fun to some people, but for me, it is pure joy. And if such is the case, then one might consider today to be a small glimpse of heaven for me. At the end of last week, the English Center received a phone call requesting the services of a foreigner to teach English at a public school here in Macau. I hurriedly volunteered only to withdraw the offer as it would require me to forgo teaching a bible study on Wednesday mornings. It turns out no one else wanted to do it, so that left me. The plans were finalized on Monday, I met with the contact person Tuesday afternoon, and by Wednesday morning I was standing in front of 38 giggling children. What fun!!

I love children. I love the fun they have with everything they do, and I love the fact that they are unafraid to express the joy and happiness that they feel. When I first learned of the position, the thought of teaching for an hour and a half was a little troublesome. I did not know how long they could sit and listen. My fears were unfounded. Before I knew it, the other teacher was coming in and signaling to me that my time was up. There is a short ten minute break within the hour and a half, and during that break (since I am the only foreigner in the school) I was the object of much curiosity. Children came from all corners of the building. Apparently the word had gotten around that a foreigner was in the building. I was surrounded by too many children to count all wanting me to shake their hands and say hi. Have I mentioned that I had fun yet?

So it was a fun morning and I get to teach the little angels all year long which includes Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. The perfect time to share Jesus with a group of 8 year olds, dontcha' think?

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Chris Carter said...

Cassie

What a great oppurtunity that the Lord has blessed you with! And God bless you...38 yunnuns'...that would be more than I could take! Blessings on your new venture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home