Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Newsletter

It appears that many people were unable to open my newsletter so I am putting it on my blog. The formatting and all of the other fancy stuff did not transfer too well so it is pretty plain.


LCMS World Missions
www.lcmsworldmissions.org
Cassie Thomas September Newsletter serving in Macau
Life in Macau
Life in Macau is, well, LIFE. Things happen in a similar manner here as in the United States. Well, there may be a few differences. Public transportation, “motorcycles” coming out of nowhere (they are really scooters), delicious looking cakes with chestnut paste inside (chestnut paste tastes like beans). Yeah, all of these things have given me a pause, but I think I am adjusting. Being able to experience many new things is a definite bonus, but interacting with the Macanese people, is one of the greatest things about being in Macau. I am not able to describe the joy that I feel when they reach out to me in friendship, when the seeds of a relationship are planted.
(Just as a side note, I have found that people respond very well to hearing about the many mishaps that I regularly encounter, so if you are one of these people, the website I have listed below tells more about my daily escapades. Enjoy!)
The Lord's Work
It is amazing to witness the many different ways that the Lord brings people to himself, and even more amazing, he uses us to do this. He puts me somewhere and then brings people to me, all I have to do is quiet myself so that the Holy Spirit can be heard. The Lord has blessed me with a blossoming relationship with a national here in Macau. Lilly is a wonderful person and is quickly becoming a good friend, but does not know our Savior. She is always willing to talk about Christ and asks many questions about my faith and about God. Please pray for her eternal life. Please pray that she would experience a softening of her heart toward the Holy Spirit and that she would come to know Jesus. Please pray that I would be used for this purpose.
Please continue to pray for all of the people that attend the Bible studies offered at the center, that something will be different the next time they attend. That maybe just one word whispered to them by the Holy Spirit would take root in their hearts. Please pray for their souls.
Thanks
Thanks to everyone for your continued support and prayers. Your support is a great source of encouragement and strength for me.
Contact Information:
Cassie Thomas Email:cassiedt@hotmail.com
Rua de Pequim, no. 174 http://journeytomacau.blogspot.com
Edf. Centro Com. Kong Fat, 6a-b
MACAU SAR (via Hong Kong)
To be added or removed from this mailing list please email me at the above addresss, with the word ADD or REMOVE in the subject heading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home