Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday's

I am in love... With a handsome little 8 year old who plays with my hair. His name is Leon and if I were to pick a future career for Leon, it would have to be a hair-dresser. Not a barber, nope, no buzz cuts from this kid, he will definitely be a stylist. He is going to create master hair pieces or masterpiece hairs or something. For those of you who know me, even if only a little and I have think I have mentioned it on here before, you probably know that I LOVE (do I need to stress that a little more) love to have my hair played with. So the day that Leon first started playing with my hair was the day that he took up permanent residence on my "favorites" list, you know, the one that teachers are not supposed to have but really do. Some days he gets a little confused and sort of just holds my hair as I am trying to walk around the room, but I think I am starting to adjust to having a small child hanging onto my ponytail. I hardly even notice it anymore. If he starts trying to defeat the laws of gravity whilst anchoring himself to my head via my hair, I may have to do something about it, but for now it is nice.

Wednesday is my day to teach at the middle school, so my time with the students is fresh on my mind. Wednesday's are different than every other day. I have to plan twice as much for this day and work twice as hard to teach, so the days leading up to Wednesdays are not the best of the week. But once I get to the school and walk in the door, it is twice as fun and I get twice as many hugs. I would say it is a good trade off. And just in case you can't tell, I am not in love with only Leon, the rest of the class just doesn't play with my hair.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Samuel said...

I am glad you are making connections that are making you happy. Sounds like a great place to be. Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home