Saturday, March 11, 2006

I wanna cry

After saying "good morning" "hello" and "good-bye" to my door man all within the same sentence, I made my way into the elevator and up to my apartment. The doors slowly slide open to reveal (here is the part where I want to cry) my bathtub sitting in the hall. Yep, the much talked about, highly anticpated bathtub is gone, out the door, over-with, waving good-bye. I just wanted the thing repaired, but like many other experiences I have had here, my logical solution to a problem is not other people's logical solution to a problem. Pesky little drainage issue with the bathtub, No Problem... Rip it out!! Where is Roto-rooter when you need them? Did I mention that they are replacing said bathtub with a shower? Oh well, at least I will be clean.

The next thing that makes me want to cry is the not-so-thin layer of dust that covers every surface of my apartment. Just last week, I breathed a sigh of contentment as I finished scrubbing my apartment and getting everything put exactly where I wanted it. Now, everything is shoved into my bedroom, and the scrubbing was for naught. I think if I wait until my bathtub is "fixed", I can just add water and have a grand ole time playing in the mud. I am trying very hard to find humor in this situation, but sitting at work on my day off, having people destroy my apartment and simultaneously smoke it up while ripping out my bathtub just isn't conducive to humor.

Ok, optimism, optimism where have you gone? The contents of my fridge do not have dust on them. My mom is coming soon, she likes to clean;)


See that? That is where my bathtub used to be.


It's new location. (frown)

2 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Samuel said...

No freaking kidding frown, mant, I am sorryt you havet to go throught this nowt. Smile

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Randall said...

Nice blog...:)
Thanks for sharing ur world.
Good luck with the bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home