Sunday, March 26, 2006

Poignant Collision

Sitting in church this weekend, I see the picture that is somewhere in this entry. (It is of poor quality and I have no idea where its final resting place within this entry will be. Sorry) For me this picture represents two different lives, the life I live in Arkansas and the life I live in Macau.

It was a startling thing indeed to hear the voice of my pastor say the same thing that I heard back home most Sundays in church, "brothers and sisters in Christ". This familiar voice from home was then followed by the now familiar voice of Michael Wu as he translated the words for everyone.

What exactly do I feel about this? or to use a cliche and very poor counseling question... how does this make me feel? I do not know. Please allow me to think aloud for a while. During church, the words that were spoken brought moved me to tears, but they were not tears of sadness or tears of joy. They were tears of deep emotions. I guess that seeing my pastor and Michael together sharing God's word with so many others, brought such a great awareness of how much and how irrevocably my life has changed. This is a great thing, so maybe they were tears of joy, but I just did not recognize it at the time.

I think unconciously, some part of me worried at how these two dramatically different lives that I am a part of, or that are a part of me, could be combined. Where did I fit in, where did I belong? Where will I fit in, where will I belong? I have the answer now and it is the same answer that I eventually come to whenever I have thoughts or worries. The answer is in Christ.

I started writing this last week and stopped short of finishing it and posting it. I am not sure of where I was going or if I had a point other than the one that I came to, but I thought that I would post it anyway. It is sort of like an unedited version. I actually have several drafts saved on here so maybe I will start posting them. We shall see.


2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Samuel said...

I am wondering what someone looks like when they are "brought moved" to tears? It sounds very powerful. Glad you are having a moment.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Polish Pioneers said...

Great site, Cassie. I especially liked this post. Jon's family just came to visit, and I was struck with the same feeling of worlds coming together and wondering how all of the pieces will eventually fall into place. It's such a comfort to know that we have a home in Christ, but I know it's something we'll have to remind ourselves of from time to time. You'll be in our prayers. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home