Monday, July 24, 2006

I recently acquired a small oven that with a temperature setting. This modern marvel allows me to make cookies, cakes, brownies... and just about anything else you can think of that is loaded with sugar and therefore doesn't make it past the boarder into this country. Here are some pictures of the first time I made homemade chocolate chip cookies in about a year. My friend Channel (as in TV, not the designer), her husband Ray and son Owen came over to help with the cookies. Most people here do not own an oven so they have few opportunities to eat any type of homemade-baked goods. In my opinion, this is a tragedy. I mean does anything taste better than chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven with a glass of milk? I am trying hard to think of something, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment. I think Owen would agree with me too. I think we made enough batter for over 125 cookies and my oven is small (only room enough for nine cookies at a time), so the entire cookie making adventure took around three hours. But I think you can see that it was well worth the time. Owen loved the cookies and kept saying "mmmmm, so sweet!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home