Monday, July 24, 2006

More fun involving an oven

A couple of weeks ago, Ruth graciously let us use her apartment to have a party. We played some games, ate some food and baked cookies. Here are some pics from that night.

One funny story to share with you. Since I have been here in Macau, I have been inundated with information about what is good for my health and bad for my health, what will make my skin pretty and what will make it have pimples, what will make me fat and what will make me skinny. I get the complete nutrional run-down of anything that is seen entering my mouth. This night, however, was the first time I have been told that water will "make you fat". Hmmmm. My response "Uhhhh... no it won't". After thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that this is one of those instances where a lack of language lead to miscommunication. She probably meant that if I drink too much water, it will make me bloated or something like that. I am pretty sure my friend has never really needed to use the word bloated before, and believe me, I will not teach her. Who knows what I would learn about the food I am eating then.

Anyway, back to the pictures.


I am sure that by taking this photo, I interrupted a deep conversation about the meaning of life, but they seem ok with the interruption.





Joe, Molly and May on the other hand are learning to make cookies.


Dereck always hides from the camera, but I caught him this time.
More kitchen photos. I know why little baking is done in this part of the world. It is because they have no air in the kitchens, so it gets unbelievably hot with an oven on.





I think Joe was the master chef on this night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home